WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

QuEsTiOnSnAnSwErs - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* QuEsTiOnSnAnSwErs > Topics

Subject: NATURAL DISASTERS????
Replies: 19 Views: 715

ray777 12.03.11 - 07:48am
Why does God allow natural disasters, i.e. earthquakes, hurricanes, and tsunamis?

....... Why does God allow earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, tsunamis, typhoons, cyclones, mudslides, and other natural disasters? Tragedies such as Hurricane Katrina in 2005, the 2008 cyclone in Myanmar, the 2010 earthquake in Haiti, and the 2011 earthquake/tsunami near Japan cause many people to question Gods goodness. It is distressing that natural disasters are often termed acts of God while no credit is given to God for years, decades, or even centuries of peaceful weather. God created the whole universe and the laws of nature (Genesis 1:1). Most natural disasters are a result of these laws at work. Hurricanes, typhoons, and tornados are the results of divergent weather patterns colliding. Earthquakes are the result of the earths plate structure shifting. A tsunami is caused by an underwater earthquake.

The Bible proclaims that Jesus Christ holds all of nature together (Colossians 1:16-17). Could God prevent natural disasters? Absolutely! Does God sometimes influence the weather? Yes, as we see in Deuteronomy 11:17 and James 5:17. Numbers 16:30-34 shows us that God sometimes causes natural disasters as a judgment against sin. The book of Revelation describes many events which could definitely be described as natural disasters (Revelation chapters 6, 8, and 16). Is every natural disaster a punishment from God? Absolutely not.

In much the same way that God allows evil people to commit evil acts, God allows the earth to reflect the consequences sin has had on creation. Romans 8:19-21 tells us, The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God. The fall of humanity into sin had effects on everything, including the world we inhabit. Everything in creation is subject to frustration and decay. Sin is the ultimate cause of natural disasters just as it is the cause of death, disease, and suffering.

We can understand why natural disasters occur. What we do not understand is why God allows them to occur. Why did God allow the tsunami to kill over 225,000 people in Asia? Why did God allow Hurricane Katrina to destroy the homes of thousands of people? For one thing, such events shake our confidence in this life and force us to think about eternity. Churches are usually filled after disasters as people realize how tenuous their lives really are and how life can be taken away in an instant. What we do know is this: God is good! Many amazing miracles occurred during the course of natural disasters that prevented even greater loss of life. Natural disasters cause millions of people to reevaluate their priorities in life. Hundreds of millions of dollars in aid is sent to help the people who are suffering. Christian ministries have the opportunity to help, minister, counsel, pray, and lead people to saving faith in Christ! God can, and does, bring great good out of terrible tragedies (Romans 8:28). *

levi4u 12.03.11 - 12:44pm
Idols, the sun was very important to that nation and I thought about how the old Egyptians revered their Sun God Rah. (In fact I was wondering if they still had a hang-up today, because there are very few solar panels in the nation.) They Idolised RaH in such a way that God dealt with them severly. They had worshiped the creation, rather than the Creator. That is why he plunged Egypt into darkness when he sent the plagues. The wrong focus brought severe consequences on them. Water was life-giving to the Egyptians aswell. I also thought about how they elevated the river god. The river was their total life support and they made him number one. For the same reason God turned the water into blood and taught them a lesson. As with the frogs. That idol and their god had great pre-eminence. Again God dealt a blow to them by inunating them with frogs that made them vomit. Whatever their idol was, God I believe pulled the rug from under their feet, as in the disasters. Now ne has to thnk about one's own life. Was there something that had taken on such importance that God had to deal with us too? Were God's priorities my priorities or did I need to Bury certain Idols? So let us make sure there are no idols in our lives, so that God will not have to deal with us severly to teach us a lesson and straightten us out.
Ora et labora. Pray and work and lets us ensure that Gods the most important, and the most precious in our live's.
God bless you all Eternally. *

levi4u 13.03.11 - 02:14pm
'Heaven & Earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away' Matthew 24:35
The discovery of Planet X, in 1981, that it is real and it will play a vital role in the fullfillment of the Tribulation prophecies of God's word!
Its bigger than earth. The far greater gravitatinal & electromagnetic fields of Planet X will cause great earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, & geological changes on all of the planets in the solar system. Compare Psalm 102:25-26. Significantly, this is exactly what was recorded by ancient Sumerians as happening the last time Planet X came flying through the inner solar system some 3600 years ago.
When Planet X comes through the solar system and flies past the earth the whole planet will shake. Compare Haggai 2:21, Hebrews 12:26-27, & Isaiah 2:12-22.
If this sounds like a raging fanaticism of a wild eyed 'conspiracy nut' to some here, then perhaps You should read, Psalm 46:2-3, 83:13-15, Isaiah 2:10-22, 14:1-13, 24:1-6, Hebrews 12:25-28, Revelation 6:12-27, 11:13, 16:17-21..
These terrible truths are what astronomers & scientist studying Planet X laid out before those attending a top secret meeting of world leaders in 1983. The general consensus at that meeting was that in order to avoid a world wide panick possibly resulting in the collapse of the world Economy and infrastructure of the nations, the public SHOULD NOT BE TOLD about the coming of Planet X and the destruction and death that its coming will cause on the earth!! *

tsi 15.03.11 - 10:03pm
Natural Disasters are not intended by God. They're a result of certain necessary processes hidden in the Laws of Nature *

tsi 15.03.11 - 10:54pm
Ray explained Laws of Nature. God has given us Science to understand the universe and its Laws. God loves us all *

levi4u 16.03.11 - 03:31pm
I take it you have not read those passages in the Bible in my comments then? I challenge you to read them, and get bck to me! *

levi4u 16.03.11 - 04:12pm
Think about it... Carefully!
Crazy huh? The raving of a 'conspiracy lunatic'? If you think so, then You apparantly haven't read The Book of Revelations lately? Or maybe you have never read it? Or maybe you read it and don't believe it? Well rest assured that if you fit into one of these catagories, the Lord Himself has already made provision for You in his Word. Read John 3:16-18 and Revelations 21:8. You will either Repent of your sins and believe on the One who made provision for your eternal soul's salvation, or You will burn in the lake of fire and brimstone 'for ever and ever.' The choice is yours to make. Choose carefully!
More Scriptural Verication: Isaiah 2:1 Haggai 2:21 and Hebbrews 12:26-29! Also look at Isaiah 13:1-14
It does Not take a Rocket Scientist to make the connection! *

tsi 17.03.11 - 06:29pm
Levi...i dont beliv Planet X exists. I'v read the scripture. So, what are you saying in simple terms? *

levi4u 18.03.11 - 10:34pm
Obviously you entitled to your own opinions not so? If you have read the Scriptures, like you proclaim, then your perception of it, differs vastly from that of mine! I will conclude the subject of planet X, with sum relevant dates, if you permit me, along with facts from the Bible! *

tsi 19.03.11 - 06:50am
Opinions and perceptions differ, its all part of the process of learning. Dont conclude, lets discuss your point of view *

tsi 19.03.11 - 07:15am
Why would God allow Planet X to wonder into our Solar System and cause disturbance to His own perfect order of things?? *

levi4u 19.03.11 - 12:49pm
Why? Isaiah 13:1-14, the prophecy of the coming of 'the day of the Lord' (the Tribulation). It is explicitly stated in this prophecy that the Lord, and the weapons of His indignation, to destroy the whole land(erets.. Earth),' 13:5. Planet X is coming from the blackness of space on the far outer fringes of the solar system. Notice also in this prophecy that the Lord explicitly stater that He is bringing 'the day of the Lord' (Tribulation) 'as a destruction from the Almighty' (13:6) and that it will affect the stars, the constellations, the Sun, the Moon, and the earth, literally moving the earth out of its present orbit, 13:6-14. Isaiah 13:7..
Does anyone who really believe the Scriptures have any doubts that this prophecy is describing the coming of planew x and also other heavenly bodies into the solar system? Also study Isaiah 24:1-20, 28:17-23. Lots more other similiar Old Testament prophecies. I would emphasise that the Lord God of Heaven DOES NOT NEED mankind's silly little nuclear bombs, planes,missiles and other modern weapons to bring judgement upon the wicked of this earth. All He has to do is command His creation and it obeys His will explicitly. Thousand of years ago the Lord, when speaking to the Patriach Job, said, 'Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? Or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail, which I have reserved against the time of trouble, against the day of battle and war? Job 38:22-23.
You never thought of these natural elements as weapons? Now read Psalm 148:7-8
Do these verses say that the Lord's creation fulfills His Word or not? Well? There is more(controlled) raw power unleashed in one huge thunderstorm than a hundred nuclear bombs. Think about it! Now read Nahum 1:3 and 'be not faithless, but believing,' John 20:27
The Lord....in Matthew 24:35, after telling the disciples to 'learn a parable of the fig tree,' the Lord explicity stated, 'Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.' Most believers who read this verse assume that they understand what the lord was saying, therefore they never bother to look up the literal meanings of the words used in this verse. The word translated as pass away twice in this Scripture is the Greek word, parerchomai. This Greek word occurs 31 times in the New Testament, and literally means, to go by; to pass by; to come by; to come past; to pass away; to be led by; to be carried past. See Thayer's Greek Lexicon, page 488, Strong's No. 3928.
In veiw of the literal meaning of this Greek word and the way it is used in various places in the New Testament, a literal translation of Matthew 24: would read, 'The heavens and earth shall pass by and away from each other, but My words shall never pass by and away.'
In other words, the heavenly bodies in the solar system (which are believed by men to be absolutely stable) will their present orbits and come flying past earth, and then 'pass' on out into the vastness of space, Psalm 102:26. But the words of the Lord, which are truly stable, will never 'pass away.'
'For ever, O Lord, Thy Word is settled in heaven,'
In making this statement the Lord clearly prophesied that one or more planets in the solar system is going to come flying past earth causing even the earth to leave its present orbit, Isaiah 13:13-14; 24:17-20. It is now a documented fact that Planet X is the tenth planet in the Solar System, and that it is the only one of the ten planets whose orbit IS NOT STABLE. Since it is presently inbound into the inner solar systdm, it doesn't require a lot of intelligence that the Lord MAY HAVE HAD Planet X in mind even as He spoke these words in Matthew 24:35
Also it was the Lord himself, in speaking of 'signs' that are to precede His second coming, Luke 21:11, 25-26, Peter 3:10, Matthew 24:35. Read Revelation 6:12-17 again. Compare it with the account of Israel's coming out of the land of Egypt some 3,400 years and take it to heart, Psalm 105:32-33.
With all of the above said, do you think i may have it wrong? *

tsi 20.03.11 - 04:04pm
People thought Percival Lowell was wrong too, until Planet X was reckoned to be Pluto in 1930. You maybe right bro!! *

tsi 20.03.11 - 04:34pm
But u make scripture sound like a jigsaw puzzle, its difficult 4me 2understand God's Word that way!!
Mt.11:25-30 *

levi4u 20.03.11 - 05:21pm
Jigsaw puzzle? Never heard that one before. I simply read to understand it!
Bro tsi? The names Kathryn btw..
Well it's simple to understand if you go and read the scriptures that I wrote about. From there draw your own conclusions!
Just as a case study, do an internet search for dumbs-deep underground m? bases? Then try and figure out why underground bunkers are being built all over earth. *

tsi 20.03.11 - 06:56pm
Ok...i'll be on that case study, thanx for the insight and stay blessed!!! *

ray777 2.05.11 - 02:30am
lololol, nice discussion ya'll smile.GIF .... Btw, There Will Be A New Heaven and A New Earth!!! GBU ALL, RAY smile.GIF *

steward1 11.05.11 - 10:15pm
Very interesting....amazed beyond belief. I got some reading to do now. Thanks and God Bless *

levi4u 16.05.11 - 06:59pm
Guess the question on most minds is..
Yes lots of reading and understanding with that..
Is it fables, fantasies, myths? Or is it reality?
From the 72 ppl in this group, sure was an interesting discussion? Don't you agree Ray. Brings ppl out of their shells!
God bless you all.. *

ray777 1.06.11 - 05:23am
Lol, Yes Levi smile.GIF....Btw, Hi Steward n Levi...GBU BOTH!!!!! *

* QuEsTiOnSnAnSwErs Forum

Search:
topics replies

* QuEsTiOnSnAnSwErs

Create Your Own App Store

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search