WAP Groups
Download Free Apps & Games @ PHONEKY.com

QuEsTiOnSnAnSwErs - Topics
Create Your Own App Store

* QuEsTiOnSnAnSwErs > Topics

Subject: NECROMANCY
Replies: 2 Views: 305

ray777 4.12.10 - 07:53am
Necromancy is defined as the conjuring of the spirits of the dead for purposes of magically revealing the future or influencing the course of events. In the Bible, necromancy is also called divination, sorcery and spiritism and is forbidden many times in Scripture (Leviticus 19:26; Deuteronomy 18:10; Galatians 5:19-20; Acts 19:19) as an abomination to God. It is something that the Lord speaks very strongly against and is to be avoided as much as any evil. The reason for this is twofold.

First, necromancy is going to involve demons and opens the one who practices it to demonic attack. Satan and his demons seek to destroy us, not to impart to us truth or wisdom. We are told that our enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8). Second, necromancy does not rely on the Lord for information, the Lord who promises to freely give wisdom to all who ask for it (James 1:5). This is especially telling because the Lord always wants to lead us to truth and life, but demons always want to lead us to lies and serious damage.

The idea that dead peoples spirits can be contacted for information is false. Those who attempt such contact inevitably contact demonic spirits, not the spirits of dead loved ones.AMEN smile.GIF *

zorro13 24.08.11 - 06:11am
The dead can be contacted for information and this is forbidden. Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and enquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor. And Saul disguised himself, and put on other raiment, and he went, and two men with him, and they came to the woman by night: and he said, I pray thee, divine unto me by the familiar spirit, and bring me him up, whom I shall name unto thee. And the woman said unto him, Behold, thou knowest what Saul hath done, how he hath cut off those that have familiar spirits, and the wizards, out of the land: wherefore then layest thou a snare for my life, to cause me to die? And Saul sware to her by the LORD, saying, As the LORD liveth, there shall no punishment happen to thee for this thing. Then said the woman, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And he said, Bring me up Samuel. And when the woman saw Samuel, she cried with a loud voice: and the woman spake to Saul, saying, Why hast thou deceived me? for thou art Saul. And the king said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And the woman said unto Saul, I saw gods ascending out of the earth. And he said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, An old man cometh up; and he is covered with a mantle. And Saul perceived that it was Samuel, and he stooped with his face to the ground, and bowed himself. And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do. Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy? And the LORD hath done to him, as he spake by me: for the LORD hath rent the kingdom out of thine hand, and given it to thy neighbour, even to David: Because thou obeyedst not the voice of the LORD, nor executedst his fierce wrath upon Amalek, therefore hath the LORD done this thing unto thee this day. Moreover the LORD will also deliver Israel with thee into the hand of the Philistines: and to morrow shalt thou and thy sons be with me: the LORD also shall deliver the host of Israel into the hand of the Philistines. Then Saul fell straightway all along on the earth, and was sore afraid, because of the words of Samuel: and there was no strength in him; for he had eaten no bread all the day, nor all the night.
(1 Samuel 28:7-20)

ray777 24.08.11 - 06:20am
AMEN ZORRO :) ..... The Bible is explicitly clear in its handling of channeling and contacting the dead. Scripture has a well-documented view of the practice of mediums, channeling, and fortune-telling. Leviticus 19:31 states: Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. Leviticus 20:6 says: I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people. Deuteronomy 18:12 says that consulting mediums or channeling the dead is detestable. Clearly, God sees these practices as sinful and completely without benefit.

Saul, a powerful king of Israel, finally reached the end of his tragic fall away from God when he involved himself in channeling. Saul chose to seek answers from a medium when God didnt provide him the answers he wanted. In 1 Samuel 28:6-20, Saul asks a psychic to summon the spirit of the prophet Samuel. His grave error is mentioned later in Chronicles 10:13-14, which emphasizes that Sauls involvement in it was wrong: he [Saul] was unfaithful to the Lord, he did not keep the word of the Lord, and even consulted a medium for guidance, and did not inquire of the Lord

As Christians, we ought to seek Gods answers to our questions. Praying or channeling any other being is idolatry. Praying to any dead person, including the Apostles, Mary, and so forth, is not so very different that holding a sance and asking a dead relative to help us. Most so-called mediums are actually frauds who use memory tricks, planted accomplices, and special effects to fool people. Those that are not frauds are cooperating with dangerous spiritual beings. Satans henchmen are adept at appearing as helpful spirits, making it easy for them to confuse and corrupt people who open themselves up through channeling. *

* QuEsTiOnSnAnSwErs Forum

Search:
topics replies

* QuEsTiOnSnAnSwErs

topTop
groupsGroups
mainProdigits

Custom Search